Mechanical / Mechatronic Engineer
Looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to a community and help execute innovative engineering projects? We’re currently seeking a talented Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineer to join our dynamic and collaborative team.
You will play a critical role in supporting our day-to-day operations while helping us deliver exceptional service to our clients. Under the supervision of the Senior Engineering Team, you will be responsible for performing design and structural analysis of rail vehicles.
As a team, we place a strong emphasis on continuous improvement and prioritise outcomes over busywork. This means that you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that make a real impact. We are looking for someone who is passionate, driven, and eager to bring their ideas to the table and help us build something meaningful together.
If you’re tired of just going through the motions and want to be part of a team that values innovation and collaboration, we want to hear from you. Come join us and help us continue to deliver the confidence that drives progress in the rail industry.
Our people are important to us, so we make sure there are great benefits and opportunities available to you:
- Flexible working conditions (including remote and work from home)
- (Results Only Work Environment) performance and flexibility. We care about achieving our objectives more than “working 9-5.” Whether it’s school pick up, midday gym session, or any other aspect of life that is important to you, we recognise that life weaves through the work week.
- Professional development, including employer contribution towards up-skilling.
- Career and role progression that is only limited by the skills and strengths you bring. We promote internally ﬁrst, and are constantly looking for opportunities.
- Provision of a phone and laptop
- Frequent team lunches and social events
Rail Confidence is an independent, rolling stock engineering consultancy headquartered in Sydney, Australia. As a leading authority in rolling stock design, testing and commissioning, we give the rail industry robust assurance of the safety, capability and compliance of their operations.
Since 2016, we have seen it as our duty to protect our partners’ reputations and guide their innovation with meticulous standards and a collective of the best minds in our industry. Our expertise is deeply rooted in Australian rail, but we partner with organisations and networks across the globe to solve the most complex rolling stock and rail infrastructure challenges. We’re proud to provide assurance, protection and above all — confidence to act under our shared responsibility to keep people safe and Australian rail moving forward.
In the day-to-day you may:
- Utilise CAD software to build and modify rail vehicle structures
- Undertake finite element analysis of mechanical rail structures
- Work collaboratively with engineers (including in other disciplines), subject matter experts, project teams, and other stakeholders to achieve project and business outcomes.
- Produce, contribute to, and review engineering documentation including, but not limited to, reports, calculations, specifications, and procedures
- Produce, contribute to, and review management and project deliverables, including, but not limited to, plans, schedules, risk assessments, issues, and registers
- Develop, review and finalise the technical reports and bids
- Facilitate rail vehicle testing and verification
- Be onsite with the rail vehicles and see how they behave when tested
Skills and experience
To be successful for the role, you will need to have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical/Mechatronic/Structural Engineering (or other related discipline)
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical/mechatronic or structural engineering
- Experience with finite element analysis and design practices
- Strong ﬂuency in technology; we utilise Solidworks and Microsoft as our core day-to-day tech
- We don’t micromanage, so critical thinking, the ability to weigh competing priorities, and take initiative to make effective decisions is essential.
- Super strong attention to detail + an affinity for processes, systems, and creating structure
Clear communication + openness to receiving and giving constructive feedback
- Enjoy a laugh as much as we do.
- Bonus: A background in the rail industry.
Are you ready to join the Rail Confidence team?
- Please apply for this position via the form below.
- Enquiries can be made by emailing email@example.com
Rail Confidence is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians and females to apply. We promote cultural diversity, gender equality and non- discrimination.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work permanently in Australia.