Principal Plant Engineer
Frank Gabriel is a professional engineer and manager with over 35 years of experience in rail infrastructure equipment and rolling stock. He has been involved with the acquisition or operation of the full suite of rail infrastructure rolling stock and plant including Ballast Cleaning, Rail Grinding, Resurfacing, Track Laying, Resleepering and material transport wagons. Holding a Masters of Engineering in Maintenance Management and Reliability he has a special interest in reliability improvement initiatives and maximising asset productivity.
Frank has a positive and innovative approach to problem solving and works well in a team environment as both lead and contributor.
Frank has been responsible for many facets of rolling stock operation and maintenance including:
- Asset management;
- Reliability growth program;
- Maintenance management systems and processes;
- Reliability improvement;
- Feasibility assessment; and
- Supplier management.
Frank has proven experience both leading and participating with teams of rail professionals in charge of the strategic management and deployment of infrastructure maintenance plant, materials and facilities.
- Reliability Growth
- Maintenance Management Systems
- Rail Infrastructure Equipment
- Technical Leadership
- Value Engineering
- Safety and Risk Management
- Accident Investigation
- Procurement Management
- Project Management
- Design Management
- BE (Mech)
- Graduate Diploma Maintenance Management
- Graduate Certificate Business Administration
Frank worked on:
- Investment strategy and technical lead for rail infrastructure plant ($180M over 5 years);
- Reliability improvement program for various key assets including ballast cleaning, track construction machinery and rail welding factory;
- Advice on construction and maintenance methodology and plant requirements for a major green field rail expansion project.
- Design, procurement and introduction of a fleet of seventy specialised inspection road rail vehicles;
- Design and implementation of a vigilance and data logging system for use on rail infrastructure equipment;
- Feasibility assessment, investment approval and procurement of ballast cleaning, resurfacing, rail grinding and welding equipment.