Michael is an electrical engineer with over 40 years in the railway industry, providing professional rail-based consultancy services across multiple facets of rail. This involves estimating, tendering, planning and execution of projects for customers across Australia and internationally.
Michael employs his extensive experience in asset and business management along with technical rolling stock expertise to meet client requirements and ensuring projects are delivered on-time and on budget.
With a broad range of skills and experience, Michael is well versed in delivering successful rolling stock projects to meet and exceed client expectations, being involved in key rail projects involving Sydney Metro Greater West, NGR Queensland and Metronet, amongst others.
Leadership & business management
Michael has held a number of management positions for Pacific National, providing expertise on asset management, customer management, negotiation and management of maintenance/budgets/leasing of rolling stock and line management of staff.
Michael has led and delivered many technical engineering projects, including:
- Independent verification and certification for major rolling stock and infrastructure.
- Authoring and validation of RISSB standards.
- Providing expert witness on legal cases.
- Asset management of rolling stock including fleet planning and improvement.
- Rolling stock end of life and life extension studies.
- Wayside equipment evaluation.
- Review of maintenance functions.
- Site selection and definition design of maintenance and operations facilities.
- Electrical SME for QNGR on site assurance team.
- Inspection of rolling stock production facilities during supplier selection, readiness for manufacturing audit, manufacturing inspections, electrical testing review, and defect reporting.
- Due diligence review of rolling stock and facilities, manage inspection of below rail infrastructure by SMEs.
- Asset Management
- Business Management
- Independent Verification and Certification
- Subject Matter Expert
- Network Interfacing and Compliance
- Rolling Stock
- Maintenance and Operations facilities
- MBA (Tech Management)
- BE (Electrical)
- Lead Auditor